Dr. Roca is a board-certified family physician dedicated to the principles of holistic medicine. Dr. Roca practices holistic, integrative, functional medicine. He recognizes the interaction and importance of every aspect of a person’s life – mind, body, spirit, and emotion. In addition to the comprehensive care he provides through his conventional training, Dr. Roca integrates acupuncture (auricular acupuncture, Battlefield Acupuncture, Chinese Scalp Acupuncture, and Medical Acupuncture), biofeedback, hypnotherapy, nutritional medicine, natural products, and Native American Medicine. He works as a medical sleuth to understand the underlying functional imbalances that drive symptoms to expression. By incorporating all of these skills, Dr. Roca can be help you return to health and reverse chronic disease.
Dr. Roca created the Integrative Medicine Section at LSU School of Medicine and the Integrative Medicine Program at Greenwich Hospital. He is board-certified by the American Academy of Family Practice and the American Board of Holistic and Integrative Medicine, and is certified in Functional Medicine by the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Dr. Roca serves on the board of directors for the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine. He has chaired the Education Working Group and serves on the Program Committee for the Leadership and Education Program for Students in Integrative Medicine. Dr. Roca is on the clinical faculty of Yale University School of Medicine and LSU School of Medicine.
Dr. Roca is co-chair of the Program Committee for the 2013 International Congress for Clinicians in Complementary & Integrative Medicine. Clinicians and trainees from around the world gather for this annual event centered around integrative medicine using a science-based approach to natural health and healing.
View Dr Roca’s CV
The following presentations were given by Dr. Roca at the listed locations. If you would like Dr. Roca to give a presentation to your group or organization, please feel free to contact us with the details.
- Developing the Basis of Research, New Orleans
- Servant Leadership, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital
- Therapeutic Massage, Marshall University
- Community Health Promotion, Marshall University
- Massage for Pregnancy, Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Toward an Integrated Medicine, Social Service Roundtable – Milton Rotary
- Vibrational Healing, Blue Cliff School of Massage Therapy
- Vibrational Massage, Wholistic Wellness Network – Building Community Based Wellness, Lewisburg, Beckley, Charleston, Morgantown, New Orleans, Clarksburg, Wheeling, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Gulfport
- Mind/Body/Spirit Medicine, St. Mary’s Hospital Hypnotherapy, St. Mary’s Hospital
- Magnetic Therapy for Health, Wholistic Wellness Network, HealthSouth Rehab Hospital
- Integrating Complementary Medicine in your Practice, St. Mary’s Hospital, Marshall Nursing School
- Integrated Approach to Cardiovascular Health, Wholistic Wellness Network
- Energy Medicine, Wholistic Wellness Network
- Toward a Living Dialogue for Wellness, Wholistic Wellness Network
- To Be or Not To Be, Integrated Medicine at a Crossroads, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital
- Spirituality and Healing, Marshall University
- The Healing Power of Prayer, Marshall University
Additional topics for which Dr. Roca can provide balanced, evidence-based commentary addressing the concerns of ordinary citizens:
- Holistic Medicine
- Integrated Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Nutritional Medicine
- Botanical Medicine
- Energy Medicine
- Cardiovascular Health
- Chronic Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Bowel Diseases
- Other topics are available on request
If you would like Dr. Roca to give a presentation to your group or organization, please feel free to contact us with the details.
Read about One Student’s Experience at LEAPS
Educating the physicians of the future in natural, integrative approached to health is essential for the health of our nation physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and economically. This video describes a project close to Dr Roca’s heart. He participates in this program every summer. Once you see the video, if you feel so inspired, consider to make a donation to further the work. Please Specify LEAPs Program if you chose to donate to this worthy cause.
December 2013: Henri Roca, MD is now an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner. Being among the Institute’s inaugural group of certification graduates, he is a pioneer in setting standards for professionals who practice Functional Medicine, putting the focus on finding the root cause of a problem rather than treating or masking symptoms. Read more about Functional Medicine.